A Local DUI Attorney for Your Case
A DUI attorney or drunk driving defense lawyer will evaluate your DUI case free of charge. The fine and jail time for drunk driving is high if you are a repeat offender.
A local DUI attorney can help you maneuver through the specific DUI laws in your state. Each state has different laws, penalties and fines when it comes to a DUI conviction. Although being arrested for a DUI is considered a crime, keep in mind that thousands of people are arrested daily for the same offense that you are currently facing.
Weighing the Value of a DUI Attorney
Depending on the state in which you were arrested, a DUI can cost you more than money. The jail time and missed work all add up to a significant cost. Many drivers facing a DUI determine that the fees for a DUI attorney are outweighed by the savings that an attorney often provides. A DUI attorney may also give you piece of mind ... knowing that you have competent representation and a defender that knows the criminal court system.
If cost is an issue many Attorneys will work with you and arrange payments over time for these services. Don't hesitate to inquire about these arrangements!
Learn the Legal Facts
When you talk to a local DUI Attorney, you will learn important legal facts about your case such as:
- Was the equipment used to test my blood alcohol content functioning properly?
- What are the possible penalties if I am convicted of a DUI?
- What other types of penalties will I face such as higher insurance rates and potentially limited job opportunities?
- Does my state require an ignition interlock device for driver's convicted of a DUI?
- When will I be able to have my driver’s license reinstated?
With this knowledge, you will have a much greater understanding of the court proceedings and potential outcomes of your case.