A driver facing a third offense of DWI/DUI in New Jersey (within ten years) will be subject to fines, imprisonment and a ten-year license suspension (among other penalties).
Penalties and Consequences
Here are the fines and punishments that will need to be dealt with when you are facing these charges for a third DUI in New Jersey offense:
- A fine of $1,000*
- Imprisonment of 180 days
- 10-year license suspension
- Detainment in an in-patient alcoholism treatment program
- A fee to be paid to the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center dependent upon court sentence
- An automobile insurance surcharge of $1,500 a year for 3 years
- Installation of an ignition interlock device for a period of 1 year to 3 years after license restoration
Hire an Attorney
Because of the severity of the penalties, you may wish to consult an attorney to best determine your options.